Any day is a good day for grilling some tasty morsels. At The Wrapped Scallion HQ, the test-kitchen grill of choice is an 18" charcoal clamshell-style. Recent meals include: Lobster tail with roast red pepper juice and Dave's Gourmet sea salt; chicken quarters with olive oil, TWS signature poultry seasonings, and Dave's Gourmet smoked sea salt; and onion brulee with olive oil, black pepper, and kosher salt.
Today we'll be working on shrimp skewers & here is the method ...
- Seven skewers with raw shrimp (peeled and deveined), about five shrimp per skewer.
- Marinate these in PBR (TWS Pineapple Ale is still fermenting, or else this would be choice) for thirty minutes as the coals warm up.
- When the grill is ready, baste the shrimp with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle liberally on both sides with Dave's Gourmet Hawaiian red salt and black pepper.
- Grill these on one side without turning for about three minutes or until lightly carmelized and opaque.
- Flip, then finish the other side to match.